The Super Bowl is just days away so it's time to get serious about your Superbowl snacks plan. Seriously, what are you making? There are so many different types of munchies to decided between but what's more classic than wings?
I created this recipe to fulfill my craving for sweet and spicy wings that are crispy but not deep fried. This recipe is pretty easy to follow and the result is crispy skin from roasting them at a high temperature (and flipping them a few times) with a yummy sweet and spicy glaze on top. Try this out and let me know what your think. Now you only have to come up with nine other snack recipes for your Superbowl party. :)
Roasted Chili & Brown Sugar Chicken Wings with Maple Sriracha Glaze
3 lbs. chicken wing sections
2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine the spices in a small bowl and stir to combine.
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Sriracha Maple Glaze
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup Sriracha
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 minced garlic cloves
In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes before adding in the rest of the ingredients. Bring the glaze to a boil and then turn down to simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Drizzle the olive oil on wings in a large bowl and mix to coat the wings.
3. Pour the spice rub over wings and mix around until all the wings are coated with the spices.
4. Let the wings sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
5. Coat a sheet pan with spray oil.
6. Spread the wings on the sheet pan so there is a little room between each wing and they are not all touching. If they are to crowded, use two sheet pans.
7. Roast for 10 minutes and then turn each wing and continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
8. Turn the wings over again and brush the tops with the Sriracha maple glaze.
9. Roast for 5 minutes and then turn wings and brush the tops with glaze. Roast for 5 more minutes.
10. Take wings out and check for doneness (no pink on the inside)
*Glaze and roast for another 5-7 minutes if you want them to be extra crispy